Healthier Me Launching in Calgary Elementary Schools
The health-related choices students learn to make when they’re young can have a lasting impact on their lifetime well-being, happiness, and academic success. This year, the Calgary Flames are launching Healthier Me, an innovative digital course that arms elementary school students with the tools to make healthy, informed decisions when it comes to nutrition and fitness. In Healthier Me, students embark on fun wellness adventures through interactive games and a spunky monster sidekick named Chester. From choosing how to get to school to creating a well-balanced cafeteria lunch, students experiment with true-to-life scenarios to achieve positive wellness outcomes.
Recommended Grade: 1-4 | Total Time: 20-25 minutes | Subject Fit: Health
- 97% of elementary school teachers believe nutrition education is important.
- 75% of schools require nutrition education as part of health curriculum.
- 96% of elementary schools are unable to provide daily physical education.
- Interactive, gamified activities that reinforce key learning objectives in nutrition and fitness
- Just-in-time instruction that provides guided practice and targeted feedback
- Clear visuals to reach students at lower literacy levels
Course Topic Areas:
- Benefits of physical activity
- Balancing strength, endurance, and flexibility
- Making healthy decisions
- Eating well-balanced meals
- Nutritional properties of foods
For more information about bringing this program to your school or district, contact Leila Pullum at email@example.com
or visit everfi.com/k-12.