Nashville Predators February Teacher of the Month!
Congratulations to Mr. Hardin from Head Middle Magnet School on being nominated as the February teacher of the month!
- What grade/subject do you teach and how long have you been teaching?
I teach 7th grade science at Head Middle Magnet School. I have been here as a teacher for 17 years.
- Who in your life inspired you to become a teacher?
My 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Robinson, taught us not only all the subjects, but in such a caring, loving way that we not only learned, but loved every minute of it!
- How are you using Hockey Scholar in your classroom?
I used the science portion of the Hockey Scholars program to teach steps of the Scientific Method. This helped to set up the students’ foundation to understanding the process as it applies to experiments.
- What was your students’ reaction to the course? Do they enjoy learning STEM alongside the Nashville Predators?
The students got a kick out of learning in a different way. There was a bit of a learning curve, but the interaction made learning unique and fun to them.
- Who is your favorite player and why?
I have to say that I am a fan of the combo goaltending unit Of Renne and Saros. Watching these two in goal is a thing of beauty.
- If you played hockey, would you rather be the goalie or a goal scorer? Why?
If given the opportunity, I would have to say that I want to be the goalie. Hearing 17,000 cheering and chanting itself is incredible, but doing it in a shutout, or after an incredible save would be intense.