Nashville Predators March Teacher of the Month!
Congratulations to Pamela Jackson from Glenview Elementary school for being the Nashville Predators March Teacher of the Month!
- What grade/subject do you teach and how long have you been teaching?
I teach Physical Education grades K-4th grade. I have been teaching for 9 years.
- Who in your life inspired you to become a teacher?
My mother who was an elementary school teacher. I saw her passion for teaching. I saw how she impacted people’s lives. I heard her stories. I saw how she met children where they were and helped them to become better people. My mother impacted my life for the better and has encouraged me and inspired me to be a teacher. I am very grateful for her example, leadership, inspiration and encouragement to help me get where I am today!
- How are you using Healthier Me in with students?
We are using it in the computer lab at the beginning of the Predators Fitness Challenge.
In addition, we will use it at the end of the challenge for a refresher course. I love this program so much I will be using it again throughout the year on different health lessons!
- What was your students’ reaction to the course? Do they enjoy learning about nutrition and healthy choices?
They fell in love with the course!! They love it! It is a wonderful approach to get their brains thinking about different scenarios on how to be healthier and how to make better food choices!
- Who is your favorite player and why?
Mike Fisher! I had the privilege of meeting him after a game. I have seen the impact he has in the game and in for the sport of hockey. In addition, I have seen the impact and the care he has for others off the ice.
- If you played hockey, would you rather be the goalie or a goal scorer? Why?
Goal scorer……..it would be an amazing feeling!